Indigestion is a common problem experienced by many people. Eating more than you need is a common factor but others include a diet rich in fats and alcohol, rushing meals, not chewing food properly and stress.
The most common indigestion symptoms experienced are abdominal discomfort, feeling ‘full of wind’, flatulence or a general feeling of fullness.
Digestisan contains fresh extracts of Artichoke, Dandelion, Peppermint and dried Boldo leaves to relieve indigestion, feelings of fullness and flatulence associated with over-indulgence of food or drink or both.
Do not use Digestisan if you are:
- Under 18 years of age
- Allergic to any of the ingredients, plants of the daisy (Asteraceae / Compositae) family, or to Menthol
- Suffering from blockage of the bile duct or intestine, inflammation of the bile ducts and other biliary disorders, gallstones, liver disease, kidney or heart failure or diabetes
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Taking another medicine that is affected by alcohol
If you suffer from heartburn, the peppermint in this product may make the symptom worse.
Digestisan contains four herbal extracts (tinctures) obtained from herbs organically cultivated in Switzerland. 1ml of Digestisan (equivalent to 38 drops) contains:
- Cynara scolymus (Fresh Artichoke leaves) tincture - 414mg (ethanol 65% V/V)
- Taraxacum officinalis (Fresh Dandelion root & herb) tincture – 414mg (ethanol 51% V/V)
- Peumus boldus (Boldo leaves) – 64mg (ethanol 70% V/V)
- Mentha x piperita (Fresh Peppermint herb) – 28mg (ethanol 65% V/V).
Other ingredients used are ethanol and water.