The original multi-strain Bio-Kult product containing 14 strains of live bacteria for everyday use.
Bio-Kult is a unique multi-species, multi-strain live bacteria supplement with 14 strains of beneficial bacteria. This means that Bio-Kult can deliver high concentrations of beneficial bacteria to the colonisation sites in the gut – and therefore be able to help a more diverse range of digestive disorders.
The beneficial bacteria in Bio-Kult are cryoprotected during the freeze-drying process, which gives two main benefits:
- They are protected from the harsh acid environment of the stomach and are therefore able to colonise the full length of the gastrointestinal tract.
- The process allows Bio-Kult to be stored at room temperature without the need for refrigeration.
Bio-Kult can be used on a continuous basis or for a short period of time, e.g. when taking antibiotics.
Contains soya and milk, used in the fermentation process. Content of milk is at a level that would not affect lactose intolerant sufferers.
The box of 30 capsules is an ideal travellers pack.
- 1 - 2 capsules once or twice daily with food. If taking two or more capsules daily, you may wish to split the dose between two meals.
- If you are taking any medications or have any medical conditions please consult your doctor before taking any food supplement.
If you are taking antibiotics:
- Take 4 capsules daily, ideally at a different time of the day from the antibiotics.
- Continue taking for at least 2 weeks after completion of the antibiotic course
- 2 weeks before travel follow guidelines for general use.
- During travel take 4 capsules daily.
- Continue to take for at least 2 weeks following the end of travel
- Children under 12 - half adult dose.
- Cellulose (bulking agent)
- Live bacteria cultures (see below)
- Vegetable Capsule (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose)
Live Bacteria Strains:
- Bacillus subtilis PXN® 21™
- Bifidobacterium bifidum PXN® 23™
- Bifidobacterium breve PXN® 25™
- Bifidobacterium infantis PXN® 27™
- Bifidobacterium longum PXN® 30™
- Lactobacillus acidophilus PXN® 35™
- Lactobacillus delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus PXN® 39™
- Lactobacillus casei PXN® 37™
- Lactobacillus plantarum PXN® 47™
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus PXN® 54™
- Lactobacillus helveticus PXN® 45™
- Lactobacillus salivarius PXN® 57™
- Lactococcus lactis ssp. lactis PXN® 63™
- Streptococcus thermophilus PXN® 66™
Each capsule contains:
- Minimum 2 billion live microorganisms per capsule (2x109CFU/capsule), equivalent to 10 billion live microorganisms per gram (1x1010 CFU/gram)